American Civil War (PC)
Take the role of military and political leadership, and lead your troops (armies and fleets) to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations during those five years of wild campaigning throughout a divided nation.
Most of the individual years of campaign between 1861 and 1865 are playable via the game scenarios. Advanced scenarios will allow the recreation of some yearly and/or theatrical campaigns, and there will also be, of course, the complete Grand Campaign covering the whole war.
Game developer Philippe Thibaut, a recognized designer in the Grand Strategy field, has a proven track record in the genre with such titles as Great Invasions, Birth of America, War Wound, Europa Universalis and Pax Romana in his portfolio. Graphical art in American Civil War is based on historical models and paintings by the famous Birth of America team Robin Pirez and Sandra Duval, and a dedicated and enthusiastic group of historical experts of the Civil War era have assisted in the development of the game.
- Powerful game engine and military AI based on the success of 'Birth of America'
- The game is played in alternating phases of troop orders followed by simultaneous execution (known as WEGO system)
- Easy to play, hard to master! Play a scenario over a few hours, or a full Grand Campaign following in the footsteps of General Grant and General Lee!
- Varied selection of scenarios and campaigns
- The largest Civil War map ever created, with unequalled beauty and levels of detail
- 2 playable armies, dozens of troop types, hundreds of events, and over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities
- Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, use sea, river and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows)!
- Fight to reconcile the nation (USA) or ensure independence (CSA): with political and military victories
- AGEOD's recognized dedication to historical accuracy, realism, and graphically appealing games!