APOX is a real-time strategy game that uniquely includes gameplay concepts from first-person shooters. Like in a FPS, you can prone, crouch, switch active weapons, throw grenades, and loot corpses. Soldiers in APOX have limited ammo, but ammo sharing is done seamlessly. Soldiers can be placed in vehicles, and this essentially lets you create your own unit designs. APOX keeps everything that makes RTS great like making bases, controlling strategic sites, and managing your resources.
The eight missions included are designed to show basic combat and explain the unique aspects to APOX's gameplay. From there, play in one of 100 scrimmage maps against AI-controlled bots. Play with your friends against bots in co-op mode or play against other people in versus mode.
- FPS-like tactics including prone, taking cover, limited ammo, weapon drops
- 8 Combat Training Missions
- 100 Scrimmage Maps
- Massive games with up to 32 players
- Play against AI-controlled bots in single player or co-op mode
- Play against humans in versus mode
- Internet matchmaking lobby, clans, ratings, and stat tracking'
- Offline Skirmish mode
- Map Editor
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor: 2GHz Processor or higher
- Memory: 1GB or more
- Graphics: DX9c compatible GPU, Pixel Shader 2.0 or higher
- DirectX®: DX9c
- Hard Drive: 2GB
Languages: English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- If you don't already have it installed, download and install the Steam client from here
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.