Runs on Windows
Runs on Windows
Runs on MAC
Runs on Linux
Play on XBOX 360
Play on XBOX ONE
Play on PS3
HTC Vive Support
Oculus Rift Support
Windows Mixed Reality Support
Developed by |
Published by Muzzy Lane Software
International trade, religious and cultural strife, military campaigns, diplomatic negotiations... here, you control it all. MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World gives players the power to take full control of any world nation, colonies, regions, cities, and military units during the time leading up to and during the Second World War. Armchair generals and fans of grand strategy can take their turns building great empires or protecting the world from tyranny during these pivotal moments in world history.
In addition to nation-level trade and diplomatic concerns, you are tasked with managing region and city-level projects, choosing the right technologies to research, directing military movement and development, conducting international diplomacy, maintaining domestic stability and producing resources vital to making everything else possible. Developing production and research facilities in cities transforms them into centers of industry and technology. Upgraded cities can produce new units and unlock advanced technologies. At the region level, you can build large-scale defensive structures such as radar arrays and fortifications, develop transportation infrastructure, and expand the resource production needed to fuel your economy. Victory on the world stage will require that all levels of your empire work together towards your goals.
Every turn offers countless decisions and options to move forward, writing the history of your empire. Will you block trade routes with your navy, choking off enemy supplies? Will you grant a restless ethnic or religious group independence to prevent widespread revolt? Will you build up your trade agreements and expand your influence with industrial might, or invest in an expensive, technologically advanced army to crush all opposition? In addition to keeping domestic and economic plans on track, you will be challenged by outside powers -- Controlled by human players in a multiplayer match or period-inspired AI -- that will pursue their own national agendas and interfere in the affairs of you and your allies. A shifting political and economic landscape keeps world powers busy adjusting plans, preparing for inevitable clashes.
No two games of MHII will be the same as there are an unlimited number of ways to achieve your goals. The choices you make determine the history of your nation. Whether that history will speak of a liberator or a conqueror is up to you.
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map
- Hundreds of unique land, sea, & air units representing both major & minor powers of the era
- Research an array of weapon systems & tactical improvements; repair, reinforce & upgrade existing forces
- Fly air missions against industrial & military targets
- Extensive economic system covering production, resources, consumption, trade & wealth
- Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation & expand your economic potential
- Construct weapons factories, shipyards, research labs & a variety of other buildings that add specific abilities to your cities & regions
- Intelligent AI instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics generating action on the home front & abroad
- Each nation has a unique set of characteristics that influences behavior
- Populations are divided by culture, ethnicity, religion & political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups & civil wars
- Manage your colonies, liberate new nations, establish puppet states or annex their territory
- Engage in espionage & interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors
- New innovative Multiplayer system greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games
- Plus much more!
Free DLC with Latest Making History II update!
January 16, 2014
Players can now access the new late war scenario "The Grand Finale"! Play as one of the allied nations trying to take back Europe and the South Pacific, or as one of the Axis nations trying to survive against the odds. This update also includes improved AI, improvements to multiplayer, and a complete update to the map itself. "The Grand Finale" also acts as a new template for modders.
“...a pinnacle of grand strategy, rippling with all the promise and depth inherent in the genre.”
4.5/5 – Adrenaline Vault, November 2011
“Whether you are a history nut or just love the challenge of strategy games, this game will challenge you.”
4.5/5 – Game Industry News, November 2011
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP with Service Pack 2
- Processor: Pentium 4 or better
- Memory: 1 GB RAM / 2GB recommended
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compliant, Shader 2.0 3D Video Card
- DirectX®: 9.0c or better
- Hard Drive: 2 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
- Other Requirements: Windows-Compliant Keyboard & Mouse
1. Go to http://store.steampowered.com/ and download the STEAM client.
2. Click "Install Steam Now"
5. Enter the key that we sent you in the email.
5. Congratulations the game has now been added to your account and can be installed/launched from your games library.
If you're still struggling to find where to redeem the key please watch the following video.