Men of War: Vietnam (PC)
Men of War: Vietnam is a new game for the critically acclaimed series. The new, story-driven campaign lets you taste the explosive mix of the jungle, Hueys and rock-n-roll in 1968. The US campaign focuses on a team of elite special ops soldiers, and each one of them has a personality.
The unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machine-gunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops. The North Vietnam campaign tells the story of two Soviet military consultants and two soldiers of the North Vietnam Army who are the only survivors of an ambush prepared by the US troops. The task of getting back to the North Vietnam territory is a difficult one – they have no means of radio communication, no wheeled vehicles, and it's too far to make it there on foot. On their way these survivors get involved in a chain of bloodbath engagements and find themselves in the dead center of the well-known Tet offensive.
Missions range from special operations (rescuing a shot-down pilot, escorting a reporter, etc.) to full scale battles.
- There are two sides in every story, so two new story-driven campaigns attempt to show the war from both sides.
- Breathtaking missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, a game of cat and mouse in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia and Laos, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more.
- New weapons and units: M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, RPK and many more.
- Multiplayer mode – co-op for up to 4 players.
- OS: Windows XP(SP1), Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: P4 2.6GHz (Athlon 3000+)
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB free hard disk space
- Video Card: GeForce 6600 (Radeon 1950) 128Mb
- CD ROM: PC DVD-ROM
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz (Athlon X2 5000+)
- Memory: 2GB
- Video Card: GeForce FX 8800 (Radeon HD3850) 256Mb
- If you don't already have it installed, download and install the Steam client from here
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.