Need for Speed SHIFT (PC)
HTC Vive Support
Oculus Rift Support
Windows Mixed Reality Support
Published by Electronic Arts
- System Requirements
- How Do I Download?
Players are thrust into the loud, visceral, intense, athletic experience of racing a car on the edge of control from the driver's perspective through the combination of perception based G-forces, the hyper reality of the cockpit view, and the brutal experience of a first person crash dynamic. Need for Speed SHIFT features an accurate, accessible physics-based driving model that allows you to feel every impact, every change of track surface and every last bit of grip as you push yourself to the edge.
The all-new driver profile is the ultimate extension of the true driver's experience. This system gives each player a unique persona based on a player's driving skill and style - aggressive or precise. Driver profile impacts how a player unlocks cars, overall career progression and online matchmaking. In Need for Speed SHIFT, how you drive is who you are behind the wheel.
- True Driver's Experience – A variety of visual cues delivers the true driver's experience including a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-forces. The depth of field also adjusts based on the speed of the car; so when the car is traveling at high speeds the perspective will shift to the distance putting the car/cockpit out of focus.
- Driver Profile – What kind of driver are you? Driver profile tracks the player's evolution as a race driver from event to event. This system is made up of a driver's personality on the track, their success rate and any profile points and badges accrued all of which work together to create a tailor-made career and game play experience. Driver profile is pervasive throughout all modes: career and online.
- Dynamic Crash Effect - When the player hits a static object or opponent car, the player will feel like they are 'taking damage'. A combination of visual and audio effects will leave the player disorientated and briefly disrupt the race.
- Total Customization – Need for Speed SHIFT features a comprehensive customization option that lets the player tailor every aspect of the cars performance and styling. Go under the hood to upgrade and tune your vehicle to increase its performance. The visual customization system allows players to personalize both the exterior and trick out the interior to reflect their individual style and preferences.
- Photo Real Cars and Tracks – Nearly 70 licensed cars are available including the Pagani Zonda F, Audi RS4, and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. There is also over 15 real-world locations like Willow Springs and Laguna Seca as well as fictional circuits like downtown London and Tokyo.
- PC OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) / Windows 7
- CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Core2 or faster/AMD X2 3800+ or faster
- RAM: (Windows XP) 1 GB RAM; (Windows Vista/Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: 6 GB
- DVD Room: 8 Speed
- VIDEO: 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Direct X: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 players
- Input: Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional: USB Steering Wheel/ Dual Analogue Gamepad
1. Go to https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download and download Origin.
2. Run Origin and login your account (create an account if you havn't already).
3. Click 'Origin' and 'Redeem Product Code'.
3. Enter the key we emailed you and click 'Next'.
4. Congratulations the game will now be in your games library where you can download/install then play it, have fun!