Runs on Windows
Runs on Windows
Runs on MAC
Runs on Linux
Play on XBOX 360
Play on XBOX ONE
Play on XBOX Series X|S
Play on PS3
HTC Vive Support
Oculus Rift Support
Windows Mixed Reality Support
Developed by |
Published by Frozenbyte
Shadowgrounds breathes fresh air into the action genre with explosive combat sequences, an innovative weapon upgrade system, and an intriguing storyline. The adrenaline-pumping, top-down gameplay and audiovisual fireworks set the scene for this new action experience which also includes single computer (split keyboard or joystick) co-op play.
UPGRADE THOSE WEAPONS! Use a devastating arsenal of high-tech weaponry to dispose of the alien threat. Each weapon has multiple upgrades that maximize the carnage. Unleash the flames of the Flamethrower's Fuel Trap, cause mayhem with the Grenade Launcher's Poison Grenades, slash and dice the monsters with the Laser Rifle's Pinpoint Laser - and many more!
WHAT LURKS IN THE SHADOWS? Shadowgrounds uses cutting-edge realistic lighting and glow technology to light up the battlefield and create detailed shadows producing an atmosphere of fear. But the lighting and the flashlight also affect some aliens' behavior - take advantage of that and you can turn the tide in the game of fear by using your flashlight effectively.
DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT! What good are weapons and special effects if you can't wreak havoc on the environment? Shadowgrounds lets you go all-out - glass shatters, ground shakes, trees fall, barrels explode and furniture blows to smithereens. You can use the environment to your advantage.
THEY'RE BIG AND NASTY! Big, brutal monsters await you. Prepare to face many different bosses who will do anything to stop your journey. They're nasty, blood-thirsty beasts, but don't give in to fear - remember to use the environment and the lighting to your advantage!
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications.
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles.
- Destructible environment allows you to wreak havoc with your arsenal.
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis.
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes.
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins.
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows.
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds.
- 1.3 GHZ or Equivalent, 384 MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200* or ATi Radeon 9000 or better, 1 GB free hard drive space, Windows 2000/XP
- 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5900 Ultra or ATi Radeon 9500 Pro or better
- * Please note that Shadowgrounds does not run on GeForce 4 MX cards.
Mac OS X
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.5 or newer - Unfortunately OS X 10.9 or newer NOT supported
- Processor: Intel Mac
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 1GB
- Video Card: : OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)*
- DirectX®: 9.0
- Additional: Keyboard+mouse or Keyboard+trackpad
- *Please be advised that the game does not run on Intel graphics solutions (such as Macbooks from 2006-2008 and the new MacBook Pro 13" models from 2011). The game does run on most Macs from 2009 onwards that have a distinct graphics chip (such as those with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M but graphics details need to be turned down for smooth gameplay).
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
1. Go to http://store.steampowered.com/ and download the STEAM client.
2. Click "Install Steam Now"
5. Enter the key that we sent you in the email.
5. Congratulations the game has now been added to your account and can be installed/launched from your games library.
If you're still struggling to find where to redeem the key please watch the following video.