99 Spirits (PC)
Hanabusa is a young headstrong girl living in the Heian capital within medieval Japan. But when her mother is slain by evil spirits, her life turns into one of vengeance as she sets out to hunt and destroy the spirits.
During Hanabusa’s travels, she meets a white fox who turns out to be a servant of the mountain god. Hanabusa receives a special sword passed down from her mother, which gives her the ability to see the true forms of spirits to help slay them. Shortly after, a spirit claiming to be Hanabusa’s long-lost father, Hidetada, breaks her sword and leaves Hanabusa powerless and confused.
Now to mend her broken sword and learn the truth about her father, Hanabusa embarks on a journey to annihilate every last one of the evil spirits.
- Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
- Capture enemies, master their skills for battle and use them to solve puzzles on the field
- Interact with over 40 unique characters and battle over 100 monsters
- Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive
- Discover multiple unique endings that change based on the player’s actions
- Dual audio: Toggle between English and Japanese voice
- Includes the original Japanese version of 99 Spirits, 'Tsukumogami' (九十九神)*
*Tsukumogami will be added as a separate item to your Steam Library.
99 Spirits has a great art direction, an original story and a unique gameplay that reminds to both Pictionary and Pokémon with a great result. If all indie Japanese indie games are this good I’ll start to learn the language ASAP. It can’t be missing in any indie game collection.
Without a shadow of doubt, 99 Spirits is one of the most imaginative and accomplished indie games on the market.
True PC Gaming
Mixing the puzzle and RPG genre along with some anime themed influences, 99 Spirits became an absorbing and addicting title that was nearly impossible for me to put down for too long.
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Processor: 1.5GHz or higher
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Hard Drive: 512 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows Media Player 7 or newer
- If you don't already have it installed, download and install the Steam client from here
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.