Galactic Civilizations [Ultimate Edition] (PC)
Galactic Civilizations is a space based strategy game in which you are in control of humanity's destiny.
The year is 2178, the Terran Alliance has invented a new technology -- Hyperdrive. But the secret has leaked to the other civilizations starting a race for all the inhabitable worlds in the galaxy! As leader of United Earth, you must research new technologies, build an economy, create a powerful military force, all the while carefully balancing your political, diplomatic and trade skills.
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition combines the award-winning Galactic Civilizations with the Altarian Prophecy expansion pack to create a stellar adventure.
- Replayability - Galactic Civilizations is readily playable by casual gamers and includes a powerful, sophisticated AI and game mechanics that make each gaming experience different and highly addictive.
- Immersive Storyline - Playing as the leader of humanity, you have a rich and deep heritage to lead the human race and become one of the principal species of the universe.
- Multiple, Balanced Paths to Victory - Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power.
- The Metaverse - Gamers with a Stardock account can be part of the "metaverse," where victories, defeats and campaigns can be recorded, allowing players to share their gaming experience.
- A Map editor that allows players to design their own custom maps.
- A scenario editor that enables players to create specific game environments.
- A Campaign editor allows users to create a set of games that are linked together to tell a story.
“The A.I. in this game is capable of some remarkably human-like behavior.”
90/100 – Computer Gaming World
“An understated, thoughtful game that is highly replayable and continually challening - the sort of game that will still be on your hard drive when all the other games you are playing right now are gathering dust on a shelf. ”
90/100 – Computer Games Magazine
“GalCiv is easily the best 4X game right now and the best that we’ll see for years to come.”
88/100 – Firing Squad
- OS:Windows 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3
- Processor:600 MHz Processor
- Memory:128 MB RAM
- Graphics:8 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
- Hard Drive:700 MB HD space
- Sound:DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
- Processor:1 GHz Processor
- Memory:256 MB RAM
- Graphics:16 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
- If you don't already have it installed, download and install the Steam client from here
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.